Shop Taste of Home

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Participating in the Blog

If you are wondering about participating in the Maplewood CSA blog, here's how it works. You are immediately invited to add comments to any post. Feel free to veer off in any direction, and especially in the direction of what we received in our weekly share.

If you would like to post an article or recipe, just email it to me at:

clyde@amalgamated-clyde.com

While I am acting as  moderator, I am operating with a light touch, and will only serve to spruce things up and fit them into the format of the blog. I will not edit your content, unless, perhaps, you request my help. Thanks! I look forward to your participation.

2 comments:

  1. Made the beet green recipe finally and it is delicious. Suggestion, if you are using freshly washed greens that have not been dried, I would cut the water added to 1/4 of a cup. There was quite a bit of liquid when I used the 3/4 c called for. Also needed a little salt.
    Am moving on to cooking the beets now. We like them plain with a little salt and pepper, hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the talk about garlic scape pesto, I made some using pine nuts and walnuts, it was good but I have to say that simply sauteed in a little olive oil with a pinch of sea salt is my favorite, they get so sweet and subtle. You can mix them with any greens or toss them with some asian rice vermicelli to me they are very special.

    Also, regarding beets, I love to roast them and then slice them and toss them with walnuts and roasted walnut oil. It's a perfect marriage to me.

    ReplyDelete