Shop Taste of Home

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What to do with Carrot Tops?

Well, my standard answer to this frequently asked question is 'compost them.' I usually find that carrot tops are too tough and bitter to be of much use to me. However, I have obviously given short shrift to this useful portion of the plant and so, to set the record straight, I submit the three top replies from my google search for carrot top recipes. If anyone tries one, please let me know. At any rate, do chop them off the carrots as soon as possible, as the frond-like foliage will dissipate water from the carrot root.

clyde
email: clyde@amalgamated-clyde.com
clipped from www.google.com
  • carrot top and rice soup (tuscan)

    Review/Rate this Recipe Save to MyRecipes Rating: Title: Carrot Top And Rice Soup (Tuscan) Yield: 4 Servings Ingredients 3 tb extra-virgin olive oil ...
    recipes.chef2chef.net/recipe-archive/13/078137.SHTML - Cached - Similar -
  • Carrot Top & Quinoa Soup Recipe : Recipezaar

    4 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Jan 4, 2008
    Try the Carrot Top & Quinoa Soup recipe from Recipezaar.com.
    www.recipezaar.com/Carrot-Top-Quinoa-Soup-273145 - Cached - Similar -
  • Consider Adding Carrot Greens to Your Family Recipe Collection

    In thinking about using carrot tops like parsley, I guess you could use parsley in the above recipe. In fact, almost anything cooked with onion, garlic, ...
    hubpages.com/.../Consider-Adding-Carrot-Greens-to-Your-Family-Recipe-Collection - Cached - Similar -

  • blog it

    No comments:

    Post a Comment